Setup at the FLX Creators Fair today. Stop by and see us. ... See MoreSee Less
2 months ago
Now their's a crew.....😀
Where are you?
Merry Christmas from the Finger Lakes Live Steamers ... See MoreSee Less
4 months ago
We will be displaying at the Great NYS Model Train Fair again this year Nov. 3rd and 4th.
Great NYS Model Train Fair
Long time exhibitors Upstate Live Steamers along with Fingerlakes Livesteamers return again this year to the Great NYS Model Train Fair. The Upstate group is a very casual round robin group of individuals who enjoy building and operating small scale live steam engines together. Unlike many model trains theirs operate on actual steam. They started in 2002 and have gotten together at different events and member home layouts ever sense.
With several members also being very active in the Finger Lakes Live Steamers it’s only natural to have these two clubs supporting each other. FLLS is located in Marengo, NY close to the Waterloo Outlet Mall. They have three railroads with two of the scales large enough to ride on. While normally closed to the public they open twice a year in the spring and fall. ... See MoreSee Less
6 months ago
Great fall day to play ... See MoreSee Less
7 months ago
Hours you are open on Sunday??
Thank you Tiffany for visiting, recommendation and sharing your story with us.
What's Next? - A Travel Blog
We visited such a cool place today! Finger Lakes Live Steamers located near Clyde, NY is a club of folks who build scaled down working trains that you can actually ride!
Imagine the coolest train set ever, but big enough to sit on. Seriously I felt like a kid this was so cool. One of the trains even ran on actual coal and had steam pouring out of it! The man was constantly stoking the fire by tossing little chunks of coal inside.
There is a small track with a few trains that are just for the kiddos and then some bigger trains that kids young and old can ride.
FLLS is not typically open to the public, they have but a few open houses through the year but tomorrow, September 23rd they are open. There is a place to grab snacks and you can buy a few souvenirs. Rides on the kiddie train are free, rides on the bigger trains just require a donation. These hobbyist put a lot of work into their machines, the tracks and the displays so please contribute what you can and don't miss this place, did I mention how cool it was!
photos.app.goo.gl/wE8Zh2fKKsJG9xaZ8 ... See MoreSee Less
7 months ago
- To foster the construction and operation of model trains by providing and maintaining a publicly available facility for large scale model railroading.
- Maintenance of a reference library for the use of students, teachers, and scholars interested in steam, diesel, and electric locomotion and railroading.
- Encouraging research, writing and preservation regarding the history of steam, diesel, and electric locomotion and railroading.
- Promotion of activities which stimulate the public and particularly young persons to know more about steam, diesel and electric locomotion and railroading.
- Promotion of public awareness and particularly among young persons of safety precautions in and around railroading activities.
- Promotion of public interest in the future of rail transportation.
Locomotives are powered by steam, internal combustion, or electric batteries. Our members are experienced in railroading, machine shop practice, model building and related activities. Skills in these areas are quickly attained and we welcome anyone with an interest in this hobby and a desire to learn.Members often work on projects at the club on Wednesdays and Saturdays. Members regularly run trains on Saturday afternoons from the middle of May through the middle of October. See the Schedule of Events for more information.