We have a display at the Syracuse Train Show this weekend. Stop by to say hello. ... See MoreSee Less
Thank You to everyone that came out and visited us at our Fall Open House this past weekend!! Weather was good and a fun time was had by all!! ... See MoreSee Less
As we love having visitors to our club.
Thank you for the open house! This was our first time going to one and we'll definitely be back!
Thank you for the open house. I brought my 20 month old son there for the first time. He had an absolute blast and would not stop talking amd pointing at the trains. I'm hoping you have another open house in October so we can come again.
We found out at the last minute but in time for a quick visit on Sunday! We were so glad to be back with you and enjoyed the new beautiful longer track. You guys have been busy in the 2 years since we were there last! We took some extra magnets to share with friends and can't wait to go back again next June! Thank you again for the time and effort you put into this wonderful family event.
Oh my gosh, we missed this. Do you plan on having one this spring again?
Thank you for doing this for our community. Love it!
Finger Lakes Live Steamers when is this happening again for kids ?
- To foster the construction and operation of model trains by providing and maintaining a publicly available facility for large scale model railroading.
- Maintenance of a reference library for the use of students, teachers, and scholars interested in steam, diesel, and electric locomotion and railroading.
- Encouraging research, writing and preservation regarding the history of steam, diesel, and electric locomotion and railroading.
- Promotion of activities which stimulate the public and particularly young persons to know more about steam, diesel and electric locomotion and railroading.
- Promotion of public awareness and particularly among young persons of safety precautions in and around railroading activities.
- Promotion of public interest in the future of rail transportation.
Locomotives are powered by steam, internal combustion, or electric batteries. Our members are experienced in railroading, machine shop practice, model building and related activities. Skills in these areas are quickly attained and we welcome anyone with an interest in this hobby and a desire to learn.Members often work on projects at the club on Wednesdays and Saturdays. Members regularly run trains on Saturday afternoons from the middle of May through the middle of October. See the Schedule of Events for more information.