First steam locomotive over the new 7 1/4” ga expansion took place today. This is a HUGE milestone for this project and a lot of hard work from our members to make this happen in time for our 50th Anniversary meet. ... See MoreSee Less
47 minutes ago
Congrats! Hope to see it at the next open house!
Congrats! You guys and gals worked hard for that!!!
New buildings for the 7 1/4 ga. railroad donated by Tom Staton. ... See MoreSee Less
1 week ago
Very nice , great job.
Wait a second, I thought the railroad didn't allow beer to be consumed on prem?!?!
Unfortunately our June Public Open House next weekend (June 22nd and 23rd) will be CANCELED. With all the rain this spring the parking area has not dried out enough to be able to park vehicles for our annual open house. We apologize for the late notice as we were hoping that parking area would dry up and allow us to host the event. ... See MoreSee Less
1 month ago
SHARE with your friends please
Thank you for the update. Much better than finding out after a two hour drive. We will look forward to the September open house even more and keep our eyes peeled for any rescheduled date you may be able to come up with.
Thanks for trying to do this anyway. Is there any chance you will have a rain date before the September open house? (We drove out there today – over an hour drive. 😞)
I understand, but my poor son was looking forward to going for his birthday. He will be so sad.
Oh no. It's the weekend of my son's Birthday every year and the only thing he's excited about.
I'm sad on the one hand, but since I'm busy that weekend, I'm glad, too, because I will likely be able to make it at a later date.
We understand but will really miss this event. We really look forward to it!
Are you going to reschedule?
Oh no! That is a major bummer!
That stinks you had to do this
... See MoreSee Less
2 months ago
Great work, David and Darlene!
One of the most impressive engines at the club if you ask me. Always love to see it zip around the 4 3/4, she puts on quite a show.
I like the paint job! Last time I saw it, it was all brass.
That was so cool 😎
Lots of power it seems
Is that my old OS 0-6-0 ???
When is it open to the public?
Happy Memorial Day everyone. Enjoy a ride with Dave Wasson on the 4 3/4” Gauge Railroad. ... See MoreSee Less
2 months ago
- To foster the construction and operation of model trains by providing and maintaining a publicly available facility for large scale model railroading.
- Maintenance of a reference library for the use of students, teachers, and scholars interested in steam, diesel, and electric locomotion and railroading.
- Encouraging research, writing and preservation regarding the history of steam, diesel, and electric locomotion and railroading.
- Promotion of activities which stimulate the public and particularly young persons to know more about steam, diesel and electric locomotion and railroading.
- Promotion of public awareness and particularly among young persons of safety precautions in and around railroading activities.
- Promotion of public interest in the future of rail transportation.
Locomotives are powered by steam, internal combustion, or electric batteries. Our members are experienced in railroading, machine shop practice, model building and related activities. Skills in these areas are quickly attained and we welcome anyone with an interest in this hobby and a desire to learn.Members often work on projects at the club on Wednesdays and Saturdays. Members regularly run trains on Saturday afternoons from the middle of May through the middle of October. See the Schedule of Events for more information.