Unfortunately our June Public Open House next weekend (June 22nd and 23rd) will be CANCELED. With all the rain this spring the parking area has not dried out enough to be able to park vehicles for our annual open house. We apologize for the late noticed as we were hoping that parking area would dry up and allow us to host the event. ... See MoreSee Less
3 hours ago
... See MoreSee Less
3 weeks ago
Happy Memorial Day everyone. Enjoy a ride with Dave Wasson on the 4 3/4” Gauge Railroad. ... See MoreSee Less
3 weeks ago
Our display at the FLX Maker Fest in Phelps, NY today. Stop out and say hi if you are in the area. ... See MoreSee Less
1 month ago
- To foster the construction and operation of model trains by providing and maintaining a publicly available facility for large scale model railroading.
- Maintenance of a reference library for the use of students, teachers, and scholars interested in steam, diesel, and electric locomotion and railroading.
- Encouraging research, writing and preservation regarding the history of steam, diesel, and electric locomotion and railroading.
- Promotion of activities which stimulate the public and particularly young persons to know more about steam, diesel and electric locomotion and railroading.
- Promotion of public awareness and particularly among young persons of safety precautions in and around railroading activities.
- Promotion of public interest in the future of rail transportation.
Locomotives are powered by steam, internal combustion, or electric batteries. Our members are experienced in railroading, machine shop practice, model building and related activities. Skills in these areas are quickly attained and we welcome anyone with an interest in this hobby and a desire to learn.Members often work on projects at the club on Wednesdays and Saturdays. Members regularly run trains on Saturday afternoons from the middle of May through the middle of October. See the Schedule of Events for more information.